Volunteering can be very rewarding and is a great way to;
- Meet new people.
- Gain new or use existing skills.
- Get experience.
- Make a big difference to your community.
As a service we recognise the experience and knowledge you have as parents and also the life skills you may have to offer others.
We have started to identify new ways for parents to volunteer within Norfolk & Waveney Children and Young People’s Health services.
Ask Norfolk Parents - Online Peer Support Community
- You could become a parent community ambassador or moderator for our online community for Norfolk parents and carers.
- This involves talking online with other parents, asking and answering questions, sharing hints and tips.
- Training and support is given to those who would like to be involved and is a great chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- You can offer your support in being involved in recruitment of staff and interviews. Being involved in this way is another great opportunity to get a better understanding of our services, our staff and to make a real difference.
- Training and support will be given for anyone who may like to get involved with the service in this way.
Other ways you can get involved
We would like parents to volunteer in supporting us with the following;
- Planning and holding filming sessions.
- Planning and holding focus groups.
- Supporting with promotional pop up events.
- Contributing to project working groups.
- Supporting with website content design and development.