Just One Norfolk has been developed in partnership with Norfolk parents. As the website develops and new content is created we need you to help us even more! As you look through the website you will see lots of videos and images of Norfolk families, sharing their experiences. You too could feature on the website, with or without your children, and help other families with tips and ideas.
Ways you can help;
Share short videos with us which you have filmed at home
- These could be added to the website.
- They could show you and your children having fun, playing activities or learning a new skill that could be added to sections of the website.
*Click here* to look at some videos of families already on our 'Talk and Play' pages.
Share your personal experiences
- How did you go about potty training your toddler?
- What’s your child’s bedtime routine look like?
- What’s your child’s favourite food?
- Any recipe ideas for toddlers or older children?
Here is an example of video which a parent has filmed about their potty training experience;
We know not everyone likes to be filmed - you can share your experiences in other ways too!
- Send a short voice recording to us.
- Write down your tips or experiences to be shared on the website as text.
- Share photos of you and your child doing activities together or achieving something new.
If you would like to share any video footage or images with us you will be asked to complete a consent form. Get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and we'll be able to tell you more and send a consent form to you.
Volunteering can be very rewarding and is a great way to;
- Meet new people.
- Gain new or use existing skills.
- Get experience.
- Make a big difference to your community.
As a service we recognise the experience and knowledge you have as parents and also the life skills you may have to offer others.
We have started to identify new ways for parents to volunteer within Norfolk Children and Young People’s Health services.
Just One Norfolk Health Unlocked on-line parent peer support
- You could become a parent peer supporter or moderator for our online community for Norfolk parents and carers.
- This involves talking online with other parents, asking and answering questions, sharing hints and tips.
- Training and support is given to those who would like to do this volunteer role and is a great chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- You can offer your support in being involved in recruitment of staff and interviews. Volunteering in this way is another great opportunity to get a better understanding of our services, our staff and to make a real difference.
- Training and support will be given for anyone who may like to get involved with the service in this way.
We would like parents to volunteer in supporting us with the following;
- Planning and holding filming sessions.
- Planning and holding focus groups.
- Supporting with promotional pop up events.
- Contributing to project working groups.
- Supporting with website content design and development.
All families with babies, young children and teenagers will hopefully have some experience of our services - this may be;
- A home visit.
- A call to Just One Number.
- A child development assessment, over the phone or at home.
- A Young Person accessing our Chathealth texting service or use of the health app.
- Visiting Just One Norfolk for advice.
Whatever this may be we need to know how it was for you. We need to know how it felt, what difference it made for you and your family; did you make any changes after accessing our service? If not quite as expected or as positive as you would have liked, how could we change things to make it better? Get in touch to let us know.
We're always looking for feedback about the content on our website. This might be content which is already live on the site as well as new content which is being developed.
Ways you can help
Use the website
- Share with us your ideas for the website.
- Let us know what you have found useful.
- How it has helped you, your family and friends?
Let us know what’s missing
- Is there something you would like to know about your child's health, development or wellbeing that isn't on the website?
There are lots of different ways you can get in touch to share your views and experiences;
- Friends and family feedback survey - *Click here* to give feedback on any of our services which you have accessed.
- Focus groups - These are sessions where parents and carers can come together with staff, either in person or on-line to share ideas and experiences, and support us in making positive change. Watch out for flyers on social media or on the events tab of this page to find out when these are running. If you are on our contact list we will email you to tell you when these are happening.
- Feedback on the website – You can confidentially feedback and comment on the website *here*.
- Surveys / polls on social media – This is a quick way for us to gather families, children and young people’s views. It might be to ask families things like 'when would be best time to hold feedback meetings?' or maybe to ask your views on the title of a new section of the website.
- Social Media - You can leave a message on our social media pages and someone will get back to you. Take a look at our social media pages below.
- E-mail - You can email us at email@example.com
The only way to make a service relevant and what families, children & young people need is to ask them, listen and use that feedback to develop services. Many parents, children and young people have already been involved in supporting us in reviewing and make positive change to Norfolk Children and Young People’s Health Services.
Here are some examples of how Norfolk families have shaped our services already;
The development of Just One Norfolk website
- Norfolk families asked for a website that showed real families, videos, pictures, and animations with lots of colour as well as written information.
- Norfolk Parents told us they wanted a safe place to share experiences with other parents, both positive and during times when they may be struggling.
- The outcome was the development of our Just One Norfolk Parents online community. A place that parents can talk to each other, ask questions and support one another with the addition of professional support and input if needed. *Click here* to sign up and visit the online community.
- Young people told us they would like an App to help them understand their own health needs and how to take care of their own health and wellbeing.
- After 2 years of listening to and working with teenagers and young people in Norfolk the Just1Norfolk Health Passport app was launched. *Click here* to find out more about the app.
Tuesday 20th October at 10am and 7pm
- Online parent sessions using Microsoft Teams - see flyer below.
- Join us and other Norfolk parents to talk about how your child has settled in at school - maybe they have just started school or maybe they returned to school after the long break. Share how you helped your child to feel ready to start or return to school. Where did you get your information from - was our website helpful? What else might have helped you and your child?
- *Click here* to join either session.
- For a guide explaining how to join a Microsoft Teams meeting without an account *click here*.
- Online parent sessions using Microsoft Teams - see flyer below.