Lateral Flow Tests At Home
- Where To Get A Testing Kit
- How Is It Different From A Standard Test?
- How To Do The Test
- What To Do If You Test Positive?
You can get the rapid tests from;
- Home ordering service, which allows you to order the rapid tests online to be delivered to your home.
- Workplace testing programmes, on-site or at home - speak to your employer.
- Community testing, offered by all local authorities.
- Collection at a local test site during specific test collection times. Enter your postcode to find details of test centres near you.
- Testing on-site at schools and colleges.
- Collection from participating pharmacies. Enter your postcode to find details of collection points near you.
Lateral flow testing involves a swab of the nose and tonsils to collect a sample but it doesn't need to be sent to a lab for analysis like standard PCR tests do.
Lateral flow tests get results much faster, in just 30 minutes.
It is hoped that by using the faster tests people will find out more quickly if they have the virus or not, and this will make it easier to control the spread.
Lateral flow tests are only to be used if you don't have symptoms. If you have symptoms of coronavirus you should book a standard PCR test online or call 119.
To find out more about Lateral Flow Tests *click here*.
If you're doing the test at home:
- Do not eat for 30 minutes as it may affect the result.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Clean the surface you're putting the test on.
- Check that nothing in the test kit is damaged or broken.
- Start the test within 30 minutes of opening the test kit.
Watch this video below to see how the test is done.
If you or anyone in your household tests positive or develops coronavirus symptoms you should;
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, you should book a test at a test centre immediately. *Click here* to find out how to book a test.
Who Can Help?
You can contact the Healthy Child Programme by calling Just One Number on 0300 300 0123 or texting Parentline on 07520631590. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays) and 9am-1pm on Saturdays.
If you are 11-19 you can text ChatHealth on 07480635060 for confidential advice from one of our team.
You can speak to other Norfolk parents and carers by clicking our online community forum below.