Family Time & Moving More
Being active together as a family
• Reduce screen time for the whole family
• Encourage children to go outside and play – with family or friends
• Join a local sporting club e.g. running, cycling, netball, football, rugby, swimming etc.
• Look for free activities in your local area such as park runs, treasure trails, nature trails, the park, and the woods
• Walk to the park, shops, or school
• Make sure children are not in buggies, car seats, bouncing chairs for long periods of time
• Cycle rides with the whole family
• Dance to music.
Why do we need to be active?
Being active daily can improve our health in lots of different ways:
- Our hearts will work better
- Being active helps to manage our weight
- Our bones will be stronger and healthier
- We feel better about ourselves
- As we grow older we can move more easily.
Visit the Change4Life website for ideas on getting active and healthy eating.
Who Can Help?
You can contact the Healthy Child Programme by calling Just One Number on 0300 300 0123 or texting Parentline on 07520 631590. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays) and 9am-1pm on Saturdays.