Home Learning and Play
Fun activities to add to your routine
- Talk your baby through everyday activities as you do them.
- Let your baby splash at bath time. Talk about what’s happening and how it feels. Say the same words and do the same actions over and over – things like pouring water on their feet and saying, ‘Wash, wash, wash your toes.’
Ideas to try with your child on the go
- Stick your tongue out and see if your baby can copy you. Try blinking your eyes and making funny noises with your lips.
- Copy the noises your baby makes.
- React to what they’re doing – try saying things like, ‘Oh, you’re telling me a story,’ or, ‘Wow, you can make loud noises.’
- Have a guess at what your baby might be thinking or feeling and put it into words – for example, ‘It looks like you’re sleepy.’
- Name the objects you are playing with and talk about how they feel.
- Sing simple nursery rhymes. Babies and young children can find these relaxing.
- Say or sing rhymes with actions where you tickle and touch your baby.
- Play together with books or materials that have different textures.
Who Can Help?
You can contact the Healthy Child Programme by calling Just One Number on 0300 300 0123 or texting Parentline on 07520631590. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays) and 9am-1pm on Saturdays.
If you are 11-19 you can text ChatHealth on 07480635060 for confidential advice from one of our team.
*Click Here* to speak to other Norfolk parents and carers on our online community forum.