Trips and Falls
Look around your home and garden and think what your child could hurt themselves on. Consider your child’s height and what might be tempting for them;
• Look out for things they could trip over, bump into or slip on. Get your child to tidy up toys with you every couple of hours to keep its safe.
• Make sure there is nothing they can climb on that could put them at risk eg sofa’s and beds underneath windows that open.
• Any play equipment should set up be on soft surfaces, and young children should be watched when using them.
Set boundaries in your home about - where, when and how your child can play actively inside.
• There are lots of risks in the kitchen so your rule could be ‘quiet play only’.
• You might let your child take cushions off the sofa to bounce about and burn off energy safely if you have the space.
Who Can Help?
You can contact the Healthy Child Programme by calling Just One Number on 0300 300 0123 or texting Parentline on 07520 631590. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays) and 9am-1pm on Saturdays.
If you are 11-19 you can text ChatHealth on 07480 635060 for confidential advice from one of our team.
Alternatively you can go to see your GP to discuss concerns.
*Click Here* to speak to other Norfolk parents and carers, you can join our online community forum.