Playing with Other Children
• Give your child chances to be around other children; either with family, friends or at the local park. (Don’t worry if they just like to watch).
• Practice turn taking in games, take turns in choosing what to do next.
• Help them understand how they make other people feel good and how they might make people feel sad –this is an important part of being a good friend.
• Let them try and work out any disagreements themselves.
• Set aside time to chat together without distractions. This develops social skills and keeps you in touch with what is happening in your child’s life.
Who Can Help?
You can contact the Healthy Child Programme by calling Just One Number on 0300 300 0123 or texting Parentline on 07520631590. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays) and 9am-1pm on Saturdays.
If you are 11-19 you can text ChatHealth on 07480635060 for confidential advice from one of our team.
*Click Here* to speak to other Norfolk parents and carers on our online community forum.