• Keeping to your routines and boundaries. When things are changing for your child keeping as many things ‘the same’ as possible helps them feel safe.
• Setting aside quiet time with no distractions to be together, play and talk.
• Ignoring as much of the behaviour you don’t like as you can.
• Praising all the positive behaviour you see however small.
• Completing the free ‘Solihull Online Parenting Course’ *here*. The course is there to give you confidence and understanding of how to support your child as they grow.
Who Can Help?
You can contact the Healthy Child Programme by calling Just One Number on 0300 300 0123 or texting Parentline on 07520 631590. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays) and 9am-1pm on Saturdays.
If you are 11-19 you can text ChatHealth on 07480 635060 for confidential advice from one of our team.
Alternatively you can go to see your GP to discuss concerns.
*Click Here* to speak to other Norfolk parents and carers, you can join our online community forum.